- Do you have complete trust in your boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Is the relationship free of jealousy or control issues?
- Do you accept him/her for who he/she is without feeling like you have to fix them?
- Do you enjoy doing things together, that doesn't involve sexual intimacy?
- Is your relationship free of bickering?
- Can you agree to disagree?
- Can you talk to him/her about anything?
If you answered all of these with a YES, you have the real thing! Your love for each other is solid.
If you answered One of these questions with a No, Or Sometimes....you've still got what it takes but there is work to do.
If you answered No to more than 2 of the questions you need to re-examine your relationship. Find the weak areas and work on improving it. Sometimes it's necessary to come to terms with the fact that you're just not good together. You can't change anyone, you can only improve on yourself and hope your partner cares enough to do the same. If he/she isn't willing then the answer is staring you in the face.
See more on Relationship Advice